Sunday, October 19, 2014

Happy


C is turning five next week. A is beginning to walk. Millions of small moments, a few major ones, and a dash of hormones are making me a bit sentimental. I'm trying to turn my mood around and realizing I may be putting more energy into the things I think make me happy (maybe just by convincing myself that something is missing) and not enough into the things that actually do. So let's break it down with a chart.

What I think will make me happy vs. What makes me happy

perfection                                            reasonable expectations with attainable steps
grand gestures                                     presence
chivalry                                               unconditional love
nicer stuff                                            gratitude
big step                                                consistency
spontaneity                                          structure
more coffee                                         square meals
housework                                          running
procrastinating                                    embracing gratifying work
motivating                                           snuggling


Not that we need to be all steady all of the time, but I need a little less self-induced kookoo in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment