Saturday, May 31, 2014

Countdown to Magical Year: 21 Days!

Soooo, I'm Cate. Mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, kindergarten teacher...except next year I won't be a kindergarten teacher. I will be home. I'm not going to shout my age from the rooftops, but I'm not that old and I have been teaching for seventeen years. I love teaching; it is my passion, a huge part of who I am and I fully intend to return to it in one year. But after having this girl
in the fall, and after much hemming and hawing, Charley and I decided I could take a year off to be with her. And him. 

I have named this time my magical year. I will also be pursuing my professional goals around becoming a better project-based teacher and early childhood educator. But back to my magical year.


My hopes and dreams for this year are...
presence (Okay, this is overdone, but I truly want and need to SLOW DOWN. I love this piece on being busy. I'm not busy, but I'm juggling a lot. I know this doesn't make me unique.)
cooking and baking (maybe just baking)
reading more (fun stuff and heavier stuff)
exploring parks/beaches/museums with the kiddos (mid-week!)
running/doing yoga regularly
crafty fun with the kiddos
having friends over for dinner 
coffee dates!!! (Currently the closest thing I have to coffee dates is Instagram-stalking friends while eating my PB&J and pumping at lunch. I won't be posting pictures of myself at lunch anytime soon. Promise.)
reflecting and giving gratitude 

Okay, that's the plan.



Please chime in! Do you stay home? Did you take extended time off? How'd it go?

No comments:

Post a Comment